Broth Flavours from Around The World
Interpretations of Bone Broth around the world and how to take yourself there.
You can let our bone broths take you around the world by playing on the flavours and ingredients which are identified with each country. Have a look at our suggestions. Why not try them and tell us what you think?
Go To Vietnam with ..
- Chopped fresh herbs
- Vietnamese Spice packets which include cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds, star anise & cardamom, fennel
- Onion/Ginger/Thinly sliced meat/dried, flat rice noodles
- Pho Sauces: Srirach hot chili sauce and hoi sin sauce to taste
- Pho vegetables and herbs: Mint, coriander, Vietnamese basil/mint?, bean sprouts, limes, fresh chili
Go To Japan with..
- Dried Kombu and Bonito Flakes
- Roasted Seaweed (Kizami Nori), shredded seaweed
- Miso Patse in particular shiro miso (white miso paste)- which you always add off the heat
Go to China with..
- The “holy trinity” of Chinese cooking garlic, ginger and Green onion and then there’s sesame oil
- For an umami boost: Dried Shrimp and or dried shitaki, ginger, spring onions, coriander
- Spices (optional) peppercorns star anise
- Season with salt or fish sauce
Go to Korea with..
- Kimci, ramen noodles, enoki mushrooms
Go to Europe with..
- Chopped herbs such as flat leaf parsley
- Bay Leaf, peppercorns, vegetables such as onion, carrot and celery
- Roasted red pepper and lentils
- Beans and spinach or kale
- Mushroom and thyme
- Pasatta and zucchini
Go to South American with ..
- Corn, potatoes, chili, coriander
- Pumpkin and paprika
- Chickpeas or quinoa, chili and fresh coriander
- Roasted red pepper, corn and coriander
- A squeeze of lemon, sea salt and black pepper
Go to the Middle East with..
- Spices Bazaar- cumin, fennel, oregano, dill, fenugreek, saffron, cinnamon, sumac, zatar (thyme and sesame seeds), lemon zest, parsley, coriander
- Chickpea, tomato and spinach
Go to Indiaa with...
- Curry flavours
- Garam masala
10 Ways to Enjoy Broth Every Day
Bone Broth is great to up the nutrient level of your favourite meals such as:
- Cook Pasta in it
- Cook Rice in it
- Use it as a base for soups
- Use it as a base for casseroles
- Use it in stir fries
- Sip a mug with your meal (aids digestion and the feeling of satiation)
- Sip as a hot beverage for breakfast to energize you for the day
- Sip in the evening to calm and relax you
- Use it (in place of water) to dilute your baby’s pureed veggies.
- Use to moisten and add flavor to mashed potatoes
- Use in sauces and gravies
- Add it to smoothies
Check out some of our other resources about Bone Broth: