Mushroom, Udon Noodle Bowl with Miso Broth
Mushroom, Udon Noodle Bowl with Broth & Co Vegan Miso Broth
This steaming bowl of noodles in broth will nurture your body and your soul.
If you love Miso and you love mushrooms you can't go past this hardy broth. not only will this bowl of goodness make you smile it has great gut healing properties also.
Fermented Miso is a great Gut Elixir with its prebiotics and probiotics. Broth & Co Vegan Broth had the benefits of Australian fermented chickpea miso as well as the goodness of mushrooms and adaptogenic mushrooms to help nourish and improve your immune system.
This flavourful; recipe serves 4
- 1 handful shiitake mushrooms
- 1 handful of enoki mushrooms
- 15cm cube of ginger, grated
- 1 bunch of bok choy, washed and chopped in large chanks
- 4 tablespoons of Chickpea Miso with Mushrooms (Broth & Co Vegan Broth) dissolved in 6 cups of hot water.
- 250g of udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons of mirin
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1cup soft or medium tofu, cut in small cubes
- Cook udon noodles as per packet instructions, then drain, rinse well with cold water, set aside
- In a medium pot, melt butter and add the sliced shiitake stirring, until soft about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, mirin, sesame oil and soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn heat to high, add reserved broth and bring to a simmer.
- Gently stir in miso and tofu.
- Add bok choy and noodles and warm through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Your done!
- Using tongs, divide noodles among bowls.
- Ladle hot broth over noodles.