Creamy Mushroom Soup with Miso
A Japanese inspired creamy mushroom soup full of flavour
Miso is rich in essential minerals and a good source of B vitamins, vitamins E, K and folic acid. As a fermented food, miso provides the gut with beneficial bacteria that help us to stay healthy, vibrant and happy; good gut health is known to be linked to our overall mental and physical wellness.
Mushrooms are potent health boosters, they contain beta glucans, which have been found to help fight inflammation, aid the immune system and increasing antioxidant activity, they are high in Vitamin D. Lion’s mane is considered a smart mushroom as it may boost mood, focus and memory as well as gut health. Reishi is considered the mushroom of immortality in Chinese medicine and Shiitaki as well as being great for energy is great for skin and hair health
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 300g fresh mushrooms thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp B&C Vegan Vitality Broth
- 3 cups water
- 120 ml heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and the butter in a pot and sauté the onions and garlic, Then, add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms soft. Add the Vegan Vitality Broth Powder and continue cooking for another minute, stirring constantly
- Add the water and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream and whisk it into the soup.
- Take it off the heat and stir the soup until it has a smooth, creamy texture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.