Easy Laksa Recipe
Laksa is a spicy noodle soup with a creamy coconut base originating in Malaysia.
My gorgeous neighour Soo Lin makes the most amazing laksa but.. I love my hacks so I always keep a good store bought laksa paste in the pantry for a quick meal prep
Here is my recipe – I often substitute chicken with prawns, beef or veggies depending on what’s on hand
400ml Coconut milk
500ml Chicken Bone Broth
1 tsp Fish Sauce
400g of chicken breast cut into strips
100g of flat rice noodles
1 kaffir Lime leaf
Herbs for garnish such as coriander leaves, thai basil leaves, spring onions, red chilli
LAKSA PASTE – I AWLAYS USE A GOOD QUALITY STORE BOUGHT LAKSA PASTE AND USE AS PER PACKET DIRECTIONS
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the laksa paste and cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken bone broth, fish sauce and water and bring to the boil
- Add the lime leaves and chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked – about 10 minutes
- Divide the chicken and noodles between bowls and ladle with the laksa.
- Top with the fresh herbs and chilli just before serving